Pages

Friday, June 7, 2013

Flooding in Hungary


We might be thousands of miles away, but we have left a piece of our heart in Hungary. Not only because of our family and friends who live there, but also because Jesus gave us a burden for the people of this beautiful country. So as I'm sitting in the farmhouse in Central Illinois this sunny morning, my heart is heavy for Hungary.

Please join us in prayer for all those affected by the flooding in Hungary. Record water levels are expected from the River Danube the next three days and  Hungary could face its worst floods in history. Many people had to be evacuated from their homes and there are some villages unreachable by roads.

Photo by Arviz 2013 Osszefogas





We are very proud of my (Eszti's) brothers, Peter and Kristof who are among those many volunteers who are building protective dams across the country.




Please pray for all those families who lost their source of livelihood as their fields, homes, or gardens were flooded. Hungary has been hit hard by the recession and the flooding could be devastating for the economy.


Photo by Arviz 2013 Osszefogas

The Lord is my rock and my fortress and my deliverer, my God, my rock, in whom I take refuge, my shield, and the horn of my salvation, my stronghold (Psalm 18:2)- Our God is the Rescuer!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...